Friday, August 7, 2009

The Gunasegaran ‘death in police custody’ case : An update

By Harris Ibrahim,

Following my ‘Why is Gunasegaran dead?…” post, so many of you wrote in with offers to help with the cost of the proposed second post mortem.

Thank you all so very, very much. You are proof that, notwithstanding the rot that has taken root in our country, there is still hope.

I have not responded to your e-mails because as it turned out, consent was needed from the police authorities for a second post mortem to be carried out, and I did not want to embark on a fund collection exercise until I was certain that a second post-mortem could proceed.

I’ve just been informed that the police have today given their consent, in writing, to a second post mortem.

I’ll be sending those of you who wrote in earlier with offers to help the requisite details so that you can send in your contributions.

God bless.