Yet again the UMNO racist religious extremist and supremacist regime by design segregated and separated the traditional 200 year old hindu ritual (especially for Thaipusam) riverbed from the main Batu…
Yet again the UMNO racist religious extremist and supremacist regime by design segregated and separated the traditional 200 year old hindu ritual (especially for Thaipusam) riverbed from the main Batu Caves temple on the following counts:-
1. The Sentul Railway station is a dead end. If only this Railway station had been shortened and brought forward and built on the empty piece of land just before the main road leading to Batu Caves, a whole long stretch of this Batu Caves ancestral riverbed could have been preserved and maintained as part and parcel of the Batu Caves Heritage and to be in tune with Batu Caves being a World Heritage Site.
2. Was the closure of the main road from the said riverbed to the Batu Caves Hindu Temple to make way for some UMNO linked companies to make hundreds of millions of Ringgit Malaysia by the building of the spiraling elevated bypass across the railway tracks.
3. Why wasn’t an overhead railway bridge built instead which would have cost a fraction of the spiraling elevated bypass and in order to maintain this ancestral and heritage walkway from the said riverbed to the Batu Caves hindu temple.
4. In the alternative why wasn’t an underground railway passageway not built to maintain this walkway from the said riverbed to the Batu Caves hindu temple.
5. The whole row of 20 traditional up to fifth generation Indian flower shops leading to Batu Caves has now been by passed with the building of this new spiraling elevated bypass and which risk closure at anytime now.
6. Why didn’t the Selangor state government, the 82 PKR,DAP or PAS MPs’ and/or in particular it’s Indian MPs’, Exco member, State Assemblymen or Senator mandores order a Stop Work Order with the view to restore this original historical, traditional , and heritage walkway to Batu Caves.
7. Even now we demand for the restoration of the original road and the maintainance and preservation of the original walkpath to Batu Caves. The present PKR led Selangor state goverment even at this juneture can act at least to undo these injustices.
8. Why didn’t the PKR led P.R. Selangor state government lodge an MACC report on the possible acts of the corrupt practices by these UMNO linked companies that unduly benefited from this project.
9. The Batu Caves Tamil school has now been cut off from the riverside part of Batu Caves and also causing grave inconvenience to parents and school children forced to cross the steep,dangerous and unsafe overhead bridge across the railway lines to get to their school.
10. Why couldn’t the original Railway gate crossing be preserved and the then existing road been maintained which would have cost a fraction of the cost of this spiraling elevated bypass.
11. We are not aware of a public signboard and any advertisement in especially all the three Tamil newspapers notifying the eventual closure of this ancestral walkpath from the riverbed to Batu Caves hindu temple. Why?